Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol Tonight

The top 8 girls compete tonight, and if I'm being honest, I'm not all that excited about it.

Outside of Crystal and possibly Siobahn (based on last week's performance), I don't see a lot exciting potential here. At least, nothing that would make me want to watch week after week. Didi has got some chops, but may be too much of an emotional wreck to keep going on the show. A re-incarnation of Brooke White.

I don't see the same potential with this year's group of girls that there has been in the past. There's no "knock your socks off" singer in the group, like a LaToya or Carrie Underwood. There are some real nice singers, with some nice songs chosen, but no one who gives me goosebumps.

Call me a cynic, or someone who longs for the "good ole days", but the only person so far who has displayed any originality or interest is Crystal. She's a refreshing performer who doesn't buy into the Hollywood type of mindset. She's not caught up in the show of it all. She just gets up there, plays her guitar, sings her heart out, and does it with an air of authenticity.

She'll put on a great performance again tonight, hopefully stay healthy, and make it into the top 6 girls. Because she's the only one, so far, that I'd want to watch each week. Maybe tonight's performances by the others will change my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment